Here is a recipe for some really easy flapjacks. My 8 year old had this recipe in the back of one of her books for ages and I was surprised it didn’t have any flour but we tried it anyway and it came out really well.
- 350g Butter
- 350g Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Golden syrup
- 450g Oats.
- Melt the butter in a small pot (adult supervision required) then add the sugar, syrup and oats.
- Mix well.
- Spread the mixture onto a greased and floured baking sheet and bake at 180°C (G 4) for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven (adult supervision required again) and place on cooling rack.
- While still warm cut into squares.
- ps. we sprinkled some Chia seeds into our mix as well as we have a giant packet of it and have been told of its wonderful health benefits.