A list of funny things that Moms say!
· A little birdy told me
· Always wear clean underwear in case you are in an accident
· Am I talking to a brick wall?
· You’re the eldest, you should know better!
· Just wait until your father gets home.
· You will always be my little baby.
· Are you trying to poke your eye out with that stick?
· You’d forget your head if it wasn’t stuck on your shoulders.
· You had best take that look off your face before I take it off for you.
· You could grow potatoes in those ears.
· Just who do you think you are talking to?
· When you have kids of your own, you’ll understand
· Do you think money grows on trees?
· Were you born in a stable? Close that door.
· Some day you will thank me for this.
· I’ve had it up to here with you.
· I’m going to give you to the count of 3.
· I don’t care who started it – you are going to STOP it!
· I can’t believe you did that!
· Don’t put that in your mouth, you don’t know where its been.
· Did you flush?
· Not under my roof you wont!
· Stop picking
· Because I said so, that’s why!
· I will always love you, no matter what.
· You cant find it? Where did you leave it?
· This is going to hurt me more than it will hurt you.
· If the wind changes your face will stay like that.
· Eat your carrots, they will make you see in the dark
· If you don’t stop crying, I will give you something to cry about.
· Beds are NOT for jumping on.
· If you swallow gum it will stick your guts together
· The car can’t start until the seat belts are buckled
· If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you?
If I dont see you all before, Have a great Mothers Day on Sunday – I hope everyone gets to put their feet up. This particular mother is spending Mothers Day with the Caheragh (13th) Cub team in Brinny woods as they have their annual cookout (this time no matter how sweetly I am offered a campfire-cooked sausage I will have to decline) (experience gained the hard way)
Also, on Sunday there is a family music concert at 3pm in St. Finbarr’s Church, Bantry – where the County Cork school of music will perform beautiful music for those in attendance.